Canadian coastal ruggedness comes together with an old world storyteller in our signature Tofino Backpack in its latest incarnation. Featuring our collection of sacred heritage weavings from Peru ~ artfully hand crafted and embedded with ancient symbols, transporting us to a time with sun, moon and star guided ones ways.
Made from durable & water resistant waxed canvas and featuring a one of a kind weaving from Peru that doubles as a front pocket, the Tofino backpack comes complete with leather adjustable straps, zipper closure and inner pocket.
• Made from American made water resistant oak brown waxed canvas
• Featuring front wool pocket in 'Canyon' weaving
• Brown cowhide adjustable backpack straps with brass fittings
• Thick natural off-white canvas lining with one inner pocket
• Measures 14" across x 12" in height to 3" gusset
• Brass YKK metal zipper and leather zipper pull
• Handle on top with a 3" drop
Each textile in this limited edition collection was purchased directly from local Quechua weavers and small businesses in the Sacred Valley of Peru for a fair and ethical price. Each textile is woven entirely by hand on back strap loom with wool sustainably shorn from local sheep and naturally dyed with local plants. Weaving is a way of life for these women and deeply embedded in their culture. Each textile tells a story interwoven with symbols from culture, nature & the cosmos. It is with great respect & reverence for diversity and these heritage traditions that we bring this collaboration to you.
Textiles ethically sourced worldwide.
Always hand crafted in Canada.
Subscribe and receive 10% off your next order! We will keep you notified when we launch new collections or have sales that are exclusive to subscribers.